R&D Formulation Engineer for Skin Care Products
About 70% of time should be dedicated for laboratory work in order to deliver the assigned projects with following leadership.
✓ Lead and deliver assigned formula development at AIC lab. or via collaborating with Central R&D and/or local sub-contractors
✓ Proactively formulate new raw materials from suppliers and demonstrate the technical advantage using new raw materials via clearly communicating them with central R&D/Marketing counterparts.
✓ Propose and pursue new technology for skincare by presenting technical rationale/models/data to management and counterparts
✓ Fully utilize R&D Intranet system (e.g., Nice lab, Optiva, Livelink, etc.) to be a concrete member of global R&D formulators
✓ Provide help to AIC & local marketing regarding explanation of competitive edges in technology (e.g., raw materials, formulation process, etc.)
✓ Provide required data and prototypes at project decision points and manage the development schedule by thorough tracking & communication with AIC & central office team members.
• Provide technical support in formulation work for global projects led by Central Skincare R&D laboratory not to miss the critical Asian needs
• Ensure monitoring of new competitive technologies/innovations in Asia, analyze the product edges, find opportunities for applying the learning to own technology to compete with them technically and commercially, and provide feedback of assessment to management and counterparts in central R&D
• Guarantee feedback on design and full assessment of any quality problems identified in Asia/Japan markets to allow better reactivity and continuous improvement of formulation designing and/or package compatibility.
• Provide QA support for subcontractors when requested by regional QA.
- Scientific/technical knowledge in skin mechanism and skin care ingredients
- Action oriented, particularly on formulation
- Passion for the cosmetics and technology
- Innovation spirit
- Active and open to work with foreign people
- Able to explain technical things to non-technical people
- Good knowledge of cosmetic market
- Education : University graduate (Master/BS in Science, i.e., Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical science is preferable)
- Experience: minimum 3 years in formulation of skincare
- Clear communication skills in both oral and written manners
- Language: Sufficient communication skills in both oral/written manners in English (equivalent to TOEIC 700 and/or above)
- PC Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Personality : active, creative, flexible, structured, responsible, opened mind, good speaker, and good presentation